During the 1950s belly dancing was introduced and marketed as entertainment for your husband. Today it is seen as a dance art form of ancient beginnings which contributes to women as an outlet for both exercise and dance.
As women take classes to learn this beautiful dance art they discover along the way its effectiveness for weight loss and fitness for good health and vitality.
Nowadays women talk about burning fat from their stomach area. Ladies, this dance burns fat throughout the entire body.
Belly dance movements will:
1. Arm movements will burn fat from the fatty tissue of the arms and the upper back.
2. Rib cage movements will reduce the fatty tissue from the middle of the back, upper chest, belly region, and waistline.
3. Abdominal actions of belly rolls, undulations, and flutters will reduce fatty tissue and help flatten the abdominal area.
4. Hip movements will generate heat throughout the body as well as burn fat from the buttocks and thighs. Raising body heat will help to burn calories.
5. The Travel movements from activate feet and leg movements will raise the heat index throughout the entire body.
Belly dancing is enjoyable to many women and they are willing to dance the night away. Losing excess body fat is accomplished by the dancer because of her willingness to practice and dance for longer segments of time.
As the body changes many women start to wear beautiful costumes and keep their attractiveness by eating healthier nutritive foods for their body type.
The combination of belly dancing physical activities, wearing beautiful costumes, eating healthy nutritional foods, and support and encouragement from fellow dancers help women to focus on their desired weight loss and fitness by actively participating in this dance art.
Belly dancing is a dance by women, with women, and for women. It celebrates all that is feminine and therefore it brings women together. Age is not a factor, neither are shapes and sizes. This dance allows women to be at their best as they share mutual feminine interests with other females. Women attracted to this dance are more than happy to help other women to advance themselves.
Class room instruction is opened with warm-up exercises such as Pilates, Hatha yoga, or various calisthenics and stretch movements. These are preparation exercises before starting dance. Middle Eastern music is played to prep emotions, mood and pace, attitudes, and psychological transition into another dance culture.
The home setting may also function as a classroom. There are videos, DVDs, Online instructions, and television educational courses available from individual instructors or learning institutions. There are private or personal instructors available for home instruction.
Weight loss and fitness can be accomplished with this dance form from the Middle East. Thousands of women all around the world have proven its success.